North Cappadocia Tour Goreme and Fairy Chimneys
Operated : Everyday between 09:00 am / 17:00 pm
Tour Highlights : Goreme Open Air Museum, Uchisar Castle, Family Fairy Chimmines Valley, Pasabag Fairy Chimines Valley, Devrent Valley, Love Valley, Pottery demonstration in Avanos, Carpet demonstration
Pick-up from your hotel at 09:30am
Our shuttle will pick you up from hotel & drop off back at the end of the tour.
You will visit the following sights with an experienced and licensed professional tour guide with this tour.
North Cappadocia tour also known as Red tour at Lonely Planet's recommendations, is a great itinerary which covers all highlights of the North Cappadocia. When combined with South Cappadocia Tour at second day, two tours would cover all Cappadocia's highlights.
ROSE VALLEY (KIZILCUKUR) t has beautiful rock formations with some great hidden rock carved churches. The most interesting part of this area is the countless tracks connecting the small villages and towns through vineyards and gardens like a spider net. The Rose Valley is an isolated valley behind Urgup. It is always possible to see villagers working in the area and offering grapes, apples or apricots to you.
GOREME OPEN AIR MUSEUM Goreme, an important Christian centre in the early years of the middle ages, was a bishopric administered by Mokissos near Aksaray in the 11th and 13th Centuries. Despite the vast number of monasteries, churches and chapels in the vicinity of Goreme there are not many inscriptions bearing dates. For this reason these religious buildings are mainly dated according to the iconography or architectural features.
MONKS VALLEY (PASABAGLARI) Pasabagi is the best place to see three-headed fairy chimneys. Pasabag, the Pasha's Vineyard is surrounded by incredible natural rock formations; a spectacular scene.
CAVUSIN Cavusin is one of the oldest settlement in the area. Cavusin is situated 2km from Goreme, on the Goreme - Avanos road. The Church of St. John the Baptist offers a panoramic view of the village. This church and its paintings date back to the 5th century, making it the oldest church in the region. It had a large courtyard which is unusual for Cappadocia. However this has eroded away.
AVANOS It is a town where you will be invited to visit a traditional pottery workshop on our tours. Set deep into the hillside. Avanos is the centre for terracotta works of art since 3000BC,. The clay, from the Red River passing through the town gives life both to the land and to the local economy.
UCHISAR CASTLE Uchisar is a troglodyte town situated right in the middle of Cappadoccia. It is named after the enormous piece of rock in the centre of the town, which was once used as a castle. This extraordinary rock is the highest peak of the area with a view of whole of Cappadocia and Erciyes (Argeus) Mountain.
DEVRENT VALLEY which is also known as Imaginary Valley and also as Pink Valley does not have cave churches like the other valleys of Cappadocia. Reveals many different rock formations and is only a 10 minute drive from Goreme. The small fairy chimneys in the valley form a lunar landscape, or moonscape, by their strange look. The valley also has many animal shaped rocks.
Return to your hotel at around 17:30pm.
Pick up & drop off from Hotel
Transportation with A/C non-smoking deluxe vehicle throughout the trip
Professional and experienced licensed guide during the tours.
Main entrance fees to sights mentioned by the itinerary
Meals mentioned by the itinerary - Vegetarian meals available
Local taxes & handling services
Parking fees, ferry, tolls and petrol.
- Any other expenses not noted in the above included section
- Tips to guide, driver and hotel personnel
- Items of a personal nature
- All kinds of beverages and medical services
- Refer to itinerary, (B) means breakfast, (L) Lunch, (D) Dinner is included if printed next to day’s itinerary on small group tours. Lunch excluded on private tours.
- On daily city tours; flights, hotels, airport transfers are not included.
- Please ask for discounted rates for family and for large groups.
- Rates in EURO per person sharing a Double Room.
- Flights tickets are e-tickets. Calculation is based on promotional class and rates are subject to change until ticketed. You will receive references to flight tickets after booking.
- This itinerary is subject to change and may be reversed without prior notice according to weather, museum closing days, daily events or other unforeseen circumstances outside the control of Istanbul Travel Group Tours.
- Small Group tours are with English speaking guide. On Private Tours, you may ask to have Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Russian or Japanese Speaking guides which will depend on availibility.
- You may join this tour in Istanbul or Cappadocia, we can reverse the itinerary.
- For groups over 10 people, contact us for special rates.
We can custom design your itinerary to create a touring program that most ideally suits your personal, educational, cultural, and budgetary requirements. Please contact us for details and we will design your dream tour…